Why is basketball so valuable?
Basketball teaches you about being a good team player and can be a great social sport. … Basketball puts a lot of stress on the body and injuries can happen, so warming up, stretching your muscles and joints, and cooling down is important. Make sure you have plenty of fluids on hand and rehydrate regularly.
What are core values in sport?
6 Core Values for Every Youth Sports Team
- We are generous givers, not self-serving takers. This is where the important lesson of teamwork is learned.
- We will have fun. Hard work and fun can play on the same field. …
- We will be committed. …
- We will persevere. …
- We will communicate. …
- We will trust each other.
What important values should a coach possess?
All coaches should have their own list of documented and clear core values
- LEARNING (Care, Education, Growth, Personal Growth)
- TEAMWORK (Enjoyment, Eagerness, Goals, Improve, Pride, Relationships & Respect)
- ATTITUDE (Choice, Discipline, Focus, Performance, Positivity, Train)
What do basketball mean to you?
A basketball represents my blood, sweat, tears, passion, sacrifice, and most of all, a sense of belonging, like a family. At this moment in my life, there are only three things I devote my life to- family, friends, and basketball. Basketball has shaped my life probably more than anything else.
What is the essence of basketball?
Basketball develops physical fitness, as many sports do. However, the intense, fast-paced action of a typical basketball game simultaneously develops speed, hand-eye coordination and cardiovascular endurance in a way that sports such as baseball and softball might not.
Why is it important to learn the basic skills in basketball?
The fundamentals of basketball are the MOST important thing to master because they will make you and your team better no matter what age level or team you play for. … You’ll see a different levels of competition from youth recreation leagues and possibly all the way to professional basketball.
What are the 5 core values?
Five Core Values
- INTEGRITY. Know and do what is right. Learn more.
- RESPECT. Treating others the way you want to be treated. Learn more.
- RESPONSIBILITY. Embrace opportunities to contribute. Learn more.
- SPORTSMANSHIP. Bring your best to all competition. Learn more.
- SERVANT LEADERSHIP. Serve the common good. Learn more.
What values are important in your sport?
These are the values that youths can learn through sports.
- Teamwork. Teamwork is a valuable life skill they can learn through participating in sports. …
- Respect. One value that is highly important in sports today is the value of respect and sportsmanship. …
- Confidence. …
- Leadership skills.
What are 5 core values of sports?
The Big Ten Values:
- Toughness or some variation like ruthless, hard-core etc;
- Work ethic;
- Enjoyment / fun;
What are the most important values you need to teach to your players?
You’ll have a more profound impact on your players. They will respect you.
Here are mine:
- Teamwork / Help Others. In a sport like basketball, teamwork is vital. …
- Positive Attitude. …
- Be Honest With Others and True to Yourself. …
- Work Hard and Always Give Your Best Effort. …
- Perseverance. …
- Enjoy the Moment (have fun)