Who was the best NBA player in 1980?
He deserves some recognition before Bird and Magic run the league.
- 1980-81: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. …
- 1981-82: Moses Malone. …
- 1983-84: Larry Bird. …
- 1984-85: Magic Johnson. …
- 1985-86: Larry Bird. …
- 1986-87: Magic Johnson. …
- 1987-88: Michael Jordan.
Who dominated basketball in the 90s?
No player dominated the 90’s like Michael Jordan. He captured 6 NBA titles in the decade, including 6 Finals MVPs. Jordan was the main man on a mission during the era which included some of the best players in NBA history.
What happened in the NBA in the 1980s?
The 1980–81 NBA season was the 35th season of the National Basketball Association. The season ended with the Boston Celtics winning the NBA Championship, beating the Houston Rockets 4 games to 2 in the NBA Finals. As of 2021, this was the last time an NBA season (including postseason) had ended before Memorial Day.
Who dominated the NBA in the 70s?
Unlike those decades, the 1970s were not dominated by one team. While the Lakers and Celtics did manage to win the NBA Championship during the ’70s, so too did six other teams.
Who was best player in NBA 1988?
1988-89 NBA Leaders
- League Champion: Detroit Pistons.
- Most Valuable Player: Magic Johnson (22.5/7.9/12.8)
- Rookie of the Year: Mitch Richmond (22.0/5.9/4.2)
- PPG Leader: Michael Jordan (32.5)
- RPG Leader: Hakeem Olajuwon (13.5)
- APG Leader: John Stockton (13.6)
- WS Leader: Michael Jordan (19.8)
Who was the best NBA player in 1994?
1994-95 NBA Leaders
- League Champion: Houston Rockets.
- Most Valuable Player: David Robinson (27.6/10.8/2.9)
- Rookie of the Year: Grant Hill (19.9/6.4/5.0), Jason Kidd (11.7/5.4/7.7)
- PPG Leader: Shaquille O’Neal (29.3)
- RPG Leader: Dennis Rodman (16.8)
- APG Leader: John Stockton (12.3)
- WS Leader: David Robinson (17.5)
Who was the best player in 1995 NBA?
|1.||Michael Jordan* • CHI||30.4|
|2.||Hakeem Olajuwon* • HOU||26.9|
|3.||Shaquille O’Neal* • ORL||26.6|
|4.||Karl Malone* • UTA||25.7|
|5.||David Robinson* • SAS||25.0|