What happened to Magic Johnson in 1989 NBA Finals?
Magic Johnson, 1989
But early in the series, the heart and soul of the team, Magic Johnson, injured his hamstring and was forced out. The Pistons went on to sweep the Lakers in the first of back-to-back titles.
Did the bad boy’s win a championship?
The Pistons later joined the Basketball Association of America (BAA) in 1948. The NBL and BAA merged to become the NBA in 1949, and the Pistons became part of the merged league. In 1957, the franchise moved to Detroit. The Pistons have won three NBA championships: in 1989, 1990 and 2004.
Who is the best NBA player in 1989?
1989-90 NBA Leaders
- League Champion: Detroit Pistons.
- Most Valuable Player: Magic Johnson (22.3/6.6/11.5)
- Rookie of the Year: David Robinson (24.3/12.0/2.0)
- PPG Leader: Michael Jordan (33.6)
- RPG Leader: Hakeem Olajuwon (14.0)
- APG Leader: John Stockton (14.5)
- WS Leader: Michael Jordan (19.0)
Who won 1991 NBA championship?
Who won the 1999 NBA Finals?
Who won the 90 NBA Finals?
Who won 1988 NBA Finals?
What college did Kareem Abdul Jabbar go to?
Who was the best NBA player in the 70s?
1. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar – No player has ever stood above the competition for an entire decade like Abdul-Jabbar did during the 1970s. Neither Wilt Chamberlain, nor Michael Jordan, created such a large gap between the best player and the field.
What is the Michael Jordan rule?
The Jordan Rules were a successful defensive basketball strategy employed by the Detroit Pistons against Michael Jordan in order to limit his effectiveness in any game.