How do you treat the common injuries?
PRICE stands for protection, rest, ice, compression and elevation.
- Protection – protect the affected area from further injury – for example, by using a support.
- Rest – avoid exercise and reduce your daily physical activity. …
- Ice – apply an ice pack to the affected area for 15-20 minutes every two to three hours.
What should basketball players do when injured?
In the first few days, focus on decreasing swelling by icing and elevating. You should also avoid activities that cause pain. In most cases, unless specific directed not to move the injured area by a medical professional; early, gentle, pain-free range of motion is helpful to recovery.
How do you treat common injuries immediately?
Immediately after your injury
- Rest. Resting is one of the most effective ways to start your healing process. …
- Ice. The benefits of applying ice are greatest within the first day or two after sustaining an injury. …
- Compress. …
What is the most common basketball injury?
The 5 Most Common Basketball Injuries and How to Prevent Them
- Foot/Ankle Injuries. Injuries to the lower extremities were far and away the most prevalent according to the report, with foot and ankle problems being the worst offender. …
- Hip/Thigh Injuries. …
- Knee Injuries. …
- Wrist/Hand Injuries. …
- Head/Face Injuries.
treatment plan: Rest, Ice, Compression, and Elevation.
- Rest. A day or two of rest may help with your recovery. …
- Ice. Put ice on your injury. …
- Compression. Keeping pressure on the injury will also help with swelling. …
- Elevation. Propping up the affected area will help you rest your injury properly.
What are the common injuries in sports?
8 Most Common Sports Injuries
- Strains. Strains are by far the most common of all sports-related injuries simply because we use so many muscles and tendons when we exercise or play. …
- Sprains. …
- Knee injuries. …
- Fractures. …
- Tennis elbow. …
- Plantar fasciitis/shin splints. …
- Back injuries/back pain. …
What are common basketball injuries?
WHAT TYPES OF INJURIES ARE MOST COMMON IN BASKETBALL?
- Ankle Sprains.
- Jammed Fingers.
- Knee Injuries.
- Deep Thigh Bruising.
- Facial Cuts.
- Foot Fractures.
What are the 3 most common injuries in basketball?
What are some of the most common basketball injuries?
- Ankle sprains.
- Knee injuries.
- Deep thigh bruising.
- Jammed fingers.
How can you prevent injuries in basketball?
Preventing and Treating Basketball Injuries
- Wear gym shoes that fit snugly, are non-skid and have high tops.
- Use a mouth guard, ankle braces and safety glasses.
- Warm up and stretch before each session.
- Use proper technique and follow the rules.
- Do not wear jewelry.
- Play on a clean, dry, safe surface.
What are the first aid for common injuries?
Some injuries can be treated with basic first aid techniques such as wound cleansing, wound dressings, rest, application of ice, compression, and elevation. More severe injuries may require cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and other resuscitation procedures or surgery.
What is the first aid for sports injury?
First aid for sprains, strains and joint injuries
Rest – keep the injured area supported and avoid using for 48-72 hours. Ice – apply ice to the injured area for 20 minutes every two hours for the first 48-72 hours. Compression – apply a firm elastic bandage over the area, extending above and below the painful site.
What items do you need first aid for injured basketball?
To treat cuts, abrasions, and bloody noses, every youth sports coach should have a properly stocked first-aid kit on the bench; at the very least, they should have a few bandages, a pack of clean tissues to absorb any blood, some blood neutralizer (hydrogen peroxide is okay, sterilizing wipes, e.g. cavicide, are better …